Follow my blog for easy cooking

Friday 24 August 2012

The "Just Married - Please Excuse" Contest

In the year 2001 we were impoverished newlyweds. We had just squandered whatever little wealth we had amassed as singles on our wedding and honey moon and in our attempt at lavishing away the little that still remained in our banks, we were holidaying in Mumbai.
Riding high on romance, we decided to travel the length and breadth of the city by local trains. My newly acquired husband was a little wary but I overthrew his doubts with my enthusiasm.
My travel apparel drew a hesitant murmured protest from Mr Tactful as my white T-shirt and blue jeans clashed violently with my glittering chuda, excessive sindoor and bright red lipstick, but I breezed past him.
The crowd in the train allowed us to stand at a decorous distance when we boarded. In a few stations time we were romantically close and then we were claustrophobically wedged. I was on the verge of breathing my last when a considerate co-passenger announced that we were near our destination and we began inching our way towards the door.
As I moved, I was thrown forward by a sudden jerk.  As fellow passengers steadied me, I was horrified to see my lips imprinted in stark red on a sparkling white shirt. Time stood still and luckily the train stopped as well.
Sandwiched between the glares of the new legal claimant of my kiss and its latest inadvertent recipient – I sheepishly stumbled out onto the platform. A steady stream of our hurried apologies followed the receding train and we then burst into laughter. 
 Wordlessly -I retired my bridal facade that day in deference to the uncomfortable questions my victim may have had to endure.
Cold coffee with ice cream
This can also be called the life saver shake. When I was the shy young bride who managed to successfully burn dinner beyond recognition – this drink would double up as dinner and save the day.
1.     Pour a glass of chilled water and a glass of chilled milk into the blender jar of the mixie.
2.     Add 2 teaspoons full of coffee powder and 2 tablespoons of sugar to it.
3.     Blend well. If you don’t have a mixie just go for the blending with your bare hands. It works just as well.
4.     Taste once and add more coffee or sugar as required. Blend again.
5.     Take 2 tall glasses and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each.
6.     Pour the blended cold coffee to the glasses.
7.     Serve with a stirrer or spoon
ENJOY!!!

11 comments:

  1. Was an hilarious read ! Made my sad day happy ! Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Im so sorry to know you were having a sad day and I am so happy that my post made it happy. Welcome to my blog. Thank you for joining in. Look forward to lots and lots of shared laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the entry Varsha :) and the kind lunch invite... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just too much fun to read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Varsha, came here from yashodhara's blog n got hooked....read All of ur posts n jus loved thm...being mom to a 3 yr old,jugglng kitchen work(cook on a month long leave)and school drop n pick Ups ain't easy fr a lazy bone like me. Add to tht,cooking of three meals a day...phew! Ur recipes are wonderful n very doable...plz dn't stop posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anonymous!
    Youve really made my day with your sweet comment. Welcome to my blog and its great to have you here. Its so nice to meet you. I always knew there had to be some more people out there who are just as laid back as me and blogging has allowed me to finally find them. Yes I know how hectic a schedule like yours can get. I have a five year old so thats almost as bad. In fact I have had a tough time with my kitchen at certain junctures of my life as well and thats how I came across these recipes. It is really great to know that you liked my posts and I assure you that with fantastic feedback like yours I will certainly continue posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hw sweet of you to reply...i came here jus to chk if U hav replied or nt....nw U hav made my day! U rock lady....keep rockng keep posting....

      Delete
    2. It is a pleasure to have ur comments on my blog and even more fun to have a new friend. Join me on my blog or join me on Twitter @shortcutmaster. C ya!

      Delete
    3. I am in my 35's, I am divorced, After 10yrs of marriage this is how we end up!!! i really could not bear it any more, i decide to do anything just to have him back and so lucky for me, I saw online were people talked about a spell lady on this email Gracerelationshipspell@gmail.com who restore broken marriage and bring lover back. So i contacted her and told her my life troubles with my marriage and she asked for informations which i provided, just to cut the long story short, this spell lady did a spell for me for few dollars and in 3days, my husband whom i have not seen for years though we talk on phone travelled from his city LA down to Alaska just to plead and make things right with me. This is what i have wanted for 7yrs but a spell lady restored my marriage, my home, my love and brought my husband back to in few days with her spells. This is wonderful. Please i advice anyone to meet this spell lady on her email Gracerelationshipspell@gmail.com for any problem. she did it for me

      Delete

  7. With so much in my heart i am here to express myself on how Dr.dele saved my marriage from breaking up. Myself and my husband were having some misunderstanding and it was tearing our marriage apart to the extend my husband was seeking for a divorce. So i have no option than to go to the internet to seek for solution to my problem it was there i came across Dr.dele details and about how he has helped a lot of people by restoring there relationship. I contact Dr.dele and in less than 48 hours my husband cancelled the divorce papers. Now myself and my husband live together in peace and harmony all thanks to Dr.dele for saving my marriage from breaking up. Dr.dele contact information are via email on Delespellhome@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete